Standing desks have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their numerous health benefits. In this article, we will explore the top benefits of using an ergonomic standing desk, and provide sources to back up our claims.
- Reduces the risk of obesity and weight gain: Sitting for long periods of time has been linked to weight gain and obesity. Using an ergonomic standing desk can help you burn more calories and reduce the risk of weight gain.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease: Prolonged sitting has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease. Standing for at least part of the day can help lower this risk.
- Improves posture: Sitting for long periods of time can lead to poor posture and back pain. Using an ergonomic standing desk can help improve your posture and alleviate these issues.
- Boosts energy levels: Standing increases blood flow and oxygenation, which can help boost energy levels and productivity.
- Reduces the risk of cancer: Studies have shown that prolonged sitting increases the risk of certain types of cancer, including colon, endometrial, and lung cancer. Using a standing desk can help reduce this risk.
- Improves mood and reduces stress: Standing can help improve mood and reduce stress levels, which can lead to better overall health and well-being.
- Increases productivity: Standing can help increase productivity by improving focus and energy levels.
- Mayo Clinic – “What are the risks of sitting too much?” https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sitting/faq-20058005
- Harvard Health Publishing – “The health hazards of sitting” https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-health-hazards-of-sitting-2018040813590
- American Cancer Society – “Sitting Time and Cancer Risk” https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/sitting-time-and-cancer-risk.html
- Psychology Today – “6 Benefits of Standing Desks” https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-babble/201501/6-benefits-standing-desks